Deer Proof Gardening Or How to Drive Yourself Bonkers and Amuse the local deer
Strategies to keep deer out of your garden
• 1. BEST! Fence the garden with a nice big tall strong fence.
• 2. buy a loud dog that lives 24/7 in youryard
• 3. go broke buying bobbex and plantskydd by the gallon
• 4. get labeled as the neighbourhood witch by making up voodoo poMons to spray on your plants.
• There are some things to learn about deer
• They follow habitual scent trails that come from scent in their hooves.
• They will eat anything if they are starving an example is Sidney Spit Island
• Fawns are dumb and will eat absolutely anything then spit it out if they don’t like it.
Plants that deer do not prefer
• Mediterranean herbs (volaMle oils)
Some good deer resistant plants
• Rose Campion Lychnis coronaria
• Catmint Nepeta mussinii
• Yucca (many varieMes)
• Corsican Hellebore (other can get eaten)
• Teucrinum curly wood sedge
• Grasses and sedges
• New Zealand Daisy Bush Senecio grayii
• Rock rose (Cistus) and Sunrose (Helianthemum)
• Oregon Grape (Mahonia)
• Vinca (invasive)
• Daffodils (watch for Narcissus fly)
27 Marion Street